This is not a writing competition. Rather, we want to use this medium to encourage young and budding writers. We are currently rebranding the blog and one of the things we want to do is feature works by and from budding writers. And pay them for it. Well, the money is not much, but it’s compensatory. A lot of revenue-generating literary blogs/websites out there do not pay writers who contribute to their blog. We do not want to be that blog.
So, is your genre of writing crime, detective, legal, thriller? Do you have stories you have already written in any of these genres? Or you are completing such story (ies)? Would you like to feature your work (s) on this blog?
If that sounds like something you would like to do, we are paying N1.00 (One Naira) for each word you write. We therefore invite you to send in your work (s) to the email: haroldwrites.official @ gmail . com .
Please kindly note that, these are the terms for our acceptance of any work sent in:
- Word limit for each story is 1,000 words.
- The story must not have been previously published on any platform.
- The story must be of any of the prescribed genres. Read the introduction for the genres.
- Any story accepted will be communicated to the entrant.
- We only pay for any work accepted AND published on the blog.
- We reserve the right to accept any story.
- You can send in multiple stories.
- Each story should be sent as an MS Word attachment to the aforementioned email address. The subject should be “WAGP: Title of story”. For example, if the title of a story is “Fire in the Storm”, then the subject of the email should read: “WAGP: Fire in the Storm”. *WAGP is an acronym for “Write and Get Paid”.
- The body of your email should include your name and short bio.
- Each entrant has intellectual property rights to their stories and will be duly credited on the blog.
If the above terms meet you well, we are expecting your entry (ies). Thank you.